blog: www.nabcsf.org (click "Banana Boat Blog")
Migration Crisis & Relief Project
Account #: 89832
The Migration Crisis and Relief Project is designed to meet two fundamental needs of internationals who either have migrated to or are migrating through the Alsace Region (Strasbourg) of France. The first fundamental need is to aid in the crisis stage of migration. These are those times when immidiate assistance is needed to meet basic needs of safety, food, shelter, etc. The second fundamental aspect of this project is to assist those internationals we meet by providing ongoing relief efforts through partnering organizations, local churches, and resources provided through the ongoing work of this project. Through these humanitarian programs and spiritual outreach our goal is to share the love of Christ in a real and meaningful way.
- Meet the physical needs of the people who migrate into and through the Alsace Region and be the presence of Christ to them amidst their situation.
- Collaborate with organizations in the area that minister to the immigrant populations.
- Create ways to incorporate hands on ministry experiences through mission trips or projects for churches in the U.S. to participate in meeting the human and spiritual needs of the international peoples here in Alsace Region.
- Establish this ministry then encourage and enable local churches to participate. Eventually the goal will be to hand over parts of this ministry to local church congregations.
- Pray…Pray for the peoples who make dangerous journeys along the migration routes from Africa to Europe.
- Give…Support the work of CBF field personnel by giving to the Offering for Global Missions or specifically to this project.
To give online, click here to access CBF's secure giving website. In the "Specific Project" box, type "Project 89832--Migration Crisis & Relief Project-France." Complete the information at the bottom of the form.
To make a contribution by mail, send your check payable to Cooperative Baptist Fellowship, PO Box 102972, Atlanta, GA 30368-2972. Indicate "Project 89832-Migration Crisis & Relief Project-France" in the memo line.
- Serve…Join this ministry by sharing it with others and by participating in mission service.